Continuing Education Program
Attendees of asm2013 will be able to claim the following types of credit:
- Continuing Medical Education
- California Clinical Laboratory Scientists
- Florida Clinical Laboratory Personnel
The France Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing Medical education for physicians.
ASM is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E.® Program.
The France Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 28 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The France Foundation adheres to ACCME Essential Areas, Standards, and Policies regarding industry support of continuing medical education. Disclosure of the planning committee, content reviewers, and faculty’s commercial relationships will be made known at the activity. Speakers are required to openly disclose any limitations of data and/or any discussion of any off-label, experimental, or investigational uses of drugs or devices in their presentations.
It is the policy of The France Foundation to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all its sponsored educational activities. All faculty, activity planners, content reviewers, and staff participating in this activity will disclose to the participants any significant financial interest or other relationship with manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s)/device(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services included in this educational activity. The intent of this disclosure is not to prevent a person with a relevant financial or other relationship from participating in the activity, but rather to provide participants with information on which they can base their own judgments. The France Foundation will identify and resolve any and all conflicts of interest prior to the release of this activity.
The asm2013 covers fundamental microbial cell biology, genetics and physiology, environmental and applied microbiology and microbial ecology, pathogenesis and clinical microbiology and infectious diseases. The meeting showcases the central role of microbes in the biosphere by reporting today’s best science in the diverse areas influenced by microbes. The breadth of this meeting provides participants opportunities for immersion in fields of specialization as well as forays into different disciplines.
Upon completion of asm2013 attendees should be able to:
- Use new technologies, new practices, and developments in clinical microbiology to improve their clinical practice and patient outcomes;
- Recognize and interpret critical information regarding physiology, genetics, and cell biology of microbes;
- Discuss key updates in the areas of microbial pathogenesis, environmental microbiology and applied microbiology; and
- Synthesize new data on the roles of microbes in health and disease, and aspects of host immunity to infectious diseases.
The asm2013 is designed to meet the needs of professionals in the field of microbiology, particularly clinical microbiologists, pathologists, researchers, pharmacists, physicians, and other health care professionals. Current trends will be covered regarding:
- Microbiology (General, Clinical, and Medical)
- Medical Mycology
- Nosocomial Infections
- Public Health
- Antimicrobial Chemotherapy
- Microbial Pathogenesis
- Immunology (Clinical and Diagnostic)
- Animal Health Microbiology
- Microbial Ecology
- Fermentation and Biotechnology
- Food Microbiology
- Environmental and General Applied Microbiology
- Evolutionary and Genomic Microbiology
- Microbiology Education
- Genetics and Molecular Biology
- Cell and Structural Biology
- Microbial Physiology and Metabolism
- Molecular, Cellular and General Biology of Eukaryotes
- Free-Living, Symbiotic, and Parasitic Protists
The primary purpose of the sessions at asm2013 is education. Information presented, as well as publications, technologies, products, and/or services discussed, are intended to inform you about the knowledge, techniques, and experiences of professionals who are willing to share such information with colleagues. A diversity of professional opinions exists and the views of the faculty are offered solely for educational purposes. Faculty's views neither represent those of ASM nor constitute endorsement by the association. ASM disclaims any and all liabilities for damages to any individual attending asm2013 and for all claims which may result from the use of this information, publications, technologies, products, and/or services at asm2013.