The American Society for Microbiology will offer a full press room, including workstations, summaries of selected presentations, printouts from slide presentations and multiple daily press conferences. A full online press kit, including embargoed releases and tipsheets, will be available online to preregistered media only.
Media registration, which includes all benefits of full registration (except CME) is complimentary but only open to individuals with proper credentials. Proper credentials include:
- Business card identifying the individual as a reporter, writer or editor from a newspaper, magazine, radio or TV station, wire service, syndicate or other news organization.
- Official press credentials issued by a government agency.
- Membership in the National Association of Science Writers (NASW), the Canadian Science Writers Association (CSWA) or the International Science Writers Association (ISWA).
- Freelancers who are not members of the NASW or CSWA must have a letter from a news organization indicating they have an assignment to cover the meeting.
- Freelancers who wish to cover the meeting on a speculative basis must contact the ASM Office of Communications in advance to request accreditation.
Publishers and representatives of sales, advertising or marketing departments of publications or other news organizations may not register as media.
Scientists or investment analysts who also communicate science are not eligible for complimentary registration, and should register as general attendees and pay the appropriate fee.
All media planning to cover the meeting and use the press facilities are strongly encouraged to pre-register. Please note that all Press registrations are subject to approval.