asm2014 offers workshops to enrich your meeting experience! Get a head start on your meeting experience Saturday, May 17, and walk away with practical information and tools to apply in your work.
- Workshops dedicated to areas of basic science.
- Workshops focused on topics of clinical microbiology.
- Workshop devoted to career development.
- Choose from Full or Half Day Workshops.
- Discounted rates for students and postdocs.
- Workshop rates do not include breakfast, breaks or lunch.
- Electronic handouts will be provided to all pre registered Workshop attendees prior to the workshop. Those who register on site, will receive the electronic handout link on site.
Saturday, May 17
Career Development Workshops (No additional fee required.)
8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
WS01 Getting Started As a Microbiologist at a Primarily Undergraduate Institution (PUI)
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
WS17 Research Mentor Training: Building and Sustaining the Research Enterprise
1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
WS02 Microbiology Career Choices: What's Available and How to Succeed
AM Half Day Workshops – 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
WS05 Writing History for Scientists
PM Half Day Workshops – 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
WS06 Analyses of Microbial Community Composition and Metagenomics Using QIIME
WS08 Implementation of a Lean Continuous Improvement Culture in the Microbiology Laboratory
Full Day Workshops – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
WS09 Administration in Clinical Microbiology: Compliance and Process Improvement
WS10 Antibiotic Resistance in Important Bacterial Pathogens: Mechanisms, Detection, Technology and Molecular Epidemiology
WS11 Clinical Microbiology Board Review Course
WS12 Clinical Mycobacteriology Update–2014
WS14 Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry in Clinical Microbiology
WS15 Do-it-Yourself Microbial Genome Sequence Analysis
WS20 Typing of Bacterial Pathogens in 2014: Expanding Scope of NGS
WS21 A Viromics Workshop: Tools and Tricks to See the 'Virus' in Diverse Sequence Datasets