ASM Clinical Microbiology Laboratory Bench Scientist Travel Grant Program
If you are a newer clinical laboratory scientist (CLS) or equivalent working in a clinical microbiology laboratory and: 1) have worked in a clinical microbiology laboratory for less than 10 years; 2) are a non-doctoral bench (not supervisorial) level clinical microbiologist; 3) are a member of ASM; and 4) have never attended an ASM General Meeting and would like to attend this meeting in 2014, you may be eligible for a $750 travel grant. This grant can be used for the meeting registration fee and to help defray travel expenses. During the meeting you will have the opportunity to interact with a pre-assigned mentor, attend symposia, visit poster sessions, peruse industry-sponsored exhibits featuring the latest technological advances, have the opportunity to network with other new and “seasoned” microbiologists and learn more about the profession of microbiology.
To find out more about ASM, review the content of the 2014 meeting program, please visit http://gm.asm.org/.
It’s simple to apply – send the following (in an attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 23, 2014.
- Your name, address, telephone number, email address
- Educational background (post high school) and years of graduation
- Employer and employment dates as a CLS
- A brief summary (~100 words) explaining why you should be given a travel grant to attend the 2014 ASM General Meeting
- Confirmation that if selected for a travel grant, you will attend at least 1 full day of the meeting
- Confirmation that if selected for a travel grant, you will provide a brief summary (~100 words) of your experiences to ASM by July 1, 2014)
Successful applicants will be notified of their scholarship award by email on March 1, 2014.
If you have questions, please send to email@example.com
Please share this with your colleagues!