Richard and Mary Finkelstein Student Travel Grant
Purpose – to provide support for students attending asm2013
Award – Each Richard and Mary Finkelstein Student Travel Grant Award is $500 for use in attending asm2013 to present a poster in addition to being invited to give a short presentation of the abstract during the Division B and D Business Meeting.
Eligibility – to qualify for consideration the student must:
- Meet all the requirements for a Student Travel Grant (including a letter of recommendation), and
- Be presenting research in the area of microbial pathogenesis
- The scientific quality of the submitted abstract
- The student has not received an similar travel grant award in the last two years
- Only one travel grant per laboratory
- The student must be a member of ASM ; and
- A letter of recommendation must be on file.
Letter of Recommendation
The applicant must submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member or department head on official letterhead including the following information:
- The letter must state that the student is expected to be active in the training or degree program at the time of the meeting, or, if the student has completed their terminal degree, the actual date of completion.
- The abstract tracking number.
- Upload the letter of recommendation during the abstract submission process; the EXTENDED deadline is Thursday, January 17, 2013, 11:59 pm EST. When naming the document please write last name of student, first initial, STG Travel or RMF Travel, then the abstract control number.
Selection Process – Only students who meet the criteria for the Student Travel Grant will be considered for this award. The General Meeting Program Committee will review the abstracts of the Student Travel Grant recipients to select those best meeting the requirements of the Richard and Mary Finkelstein Student Travel Grant. A maximum of six grants will be awarded to students annually.